Vehicle Modifications _ Disability Services
Within New Zealand we also carry out vehicle disability modifications to suit specific people, including hand controls, left foot accelerators, steering adaptations, gear changers or any other mobility adaptations.
Vehicle & Driver Products, Services & Modifications for People with Disabilities
Our most popular services
Vehicle Disability Services
Abiliquip uses its extensive engineering capability to modify vehicles for disability or whatever reason you need.
Vehicle modifications such as:
- Hand controls for drivers with limited dexterity
- Transfer Benches
- Ramps or lifts for wheelchairs
- Seating modifications
- Left foot accelerators
Products for all drivers
While some of our products are for people with disabilities, we also offer some items for any drivers such as:
- Electric gear change or handbrake
- Motorbike or off-road – clutchless changers
- Farm or transport vehicles – ask us!
- Reduced spinal flexibility or driving from a power chair can make viewing other directions difficult, so we can add mirrors or cameras to improve safety
- Transfer benches aid getting from wheelchair to car more easily and much safer.
- Seating – Good vision and comfort is crucial to driving any distance. Seating in your car may need changes to support levels, height or position, or entry access to achieve this. Drop in to learn what we can do to make your car more suitable.
- Vehicle Choice – if you have a major change in your travel needs we can advise on vehicle types best suited to your new situation.
Electric Boot Openers
Where people find the raising and lowering of the boot lid of their wagon or SUV difficult, we can fit an electric boot opener. This is controlled by a wireless remote, allowing the boot to be opened as you approach the vehicle. For people in a wheelchair, on crutches, or a little weak this is a major bonus, as reaching the height of an open boot and lowering it can be a challenge.
Electric drive-assist wheels for chairs
As well we have available electric drive-assist wheels for chairs, which allow people to avoid the very expensive move to a fully powered wheelchair.
Images of these new options will be available here shortly.
We will inspect your vehicle, assess the best approach to improving your mobility, and price a solution for your needs.
Please contact us for more details.
We have 10+ years experience in the business and our dedicated technicians constantly strive to exceed expectations. Keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do to improve driver mobility, comfort and your personal independence.
I find myself stopping more especially after work to do things where before I would wait for the weekend.
Thank you sooooooooo much I couldn’t thank you guys enough! Looking forward to having my independence, thanks to Abiliquip!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get funding for modifications need for a disability in NZ?
There are a few options available for those looking to get funding for modifications needed due to a disability in New Zealand. One option is to apply for a disability support grant from the Ministry of Health. This grant can be used to cover the costs of modifications such as ramps, handrails, and wheelchair accessible bathrooms. Another option is to apply for a grant from the ACC. This grant can be used to cover the costs of modifications such as wheelchair ramps, handrails, and specialised vehicles. Finally, some local councils offer funding for disability related modifications. This funding can be used to cover a wide range of modifications, such as wheelchair ramps, accessible bathrooms, and assistive technology
I want to become a dealer for your products, how do I do this?
Great! Contact us through the form online and we will be in touch.
"*" indicates required fields